The Laws of Arguing According to Gerry Spence
1. Everyone is capable of making the winning argument.
2. Winning is getting what we want, which also means helping "others" get what they want.
3. Learn that words are a weapon, and can be used hostilely in combat.
4. Know that there is always a "biological advantage" of delivering the TRUTH.
5. Assault is not argument.
6. Use fear as an ally in pubic speaking or in argument. Learn to convert its energy.
7. Let emotions show and don't discourage passion.
8. Don't be blinded by brilliance.
9. Learn to speak with the body. The body sometimes speaks more powerfully than words.
10. Know that the enemy is not the person with whom we are engaged in a failing argument, but the vision within ourselves.
Binding Type: Paperback
Author: Gerry Spence
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Size: 9.28h x 6.20w x 0.84d
Review Citations: Publishers Weekly 05/13/1996
NKJV, Reference Bible, Center-Column Giant Print, Leather-Look, Black, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print